- About UsInfo about FITC
- ProductsOur Solutions
- TrainingTraining Programmes
- ConsultingConsulting Services
- ResearchFITC Research
- Contact UsGet in Touch
Research / Case Studies
Highlights of some recently conducted FITC Research assignments Publications
- Economic and Financial Update.
- A Book of Reading: Essentials of Banking.
- The Practice of Market Intelligence: An Exploratory Study of the Framework within Banks.
- FITC at 30: Thoughts of Leaders and Founders.
- The Journal of Banking and Finance, Volume 12 Number 1.
- Championing thought leadership on key issues.
- Facilitating continued education of stakeholders - staff, directors of banks and non-bank institutions and academia.
Fulfils FITC mandate of protecting, promoting and advancing the knowledge of contemporary issues in the economy.Enhances FITC’s visibility as a premium brand on thought leadership issues.
Quality Control & Assurance Function
Produced four editions of the Quality Assurance Reports on FITC’s Training Programmes in 2014.
Conducted FITC’s employees’ financial management survey in 2014.
Conducted an assessment of the impact of FITC’s 30 years of board-level training programmes in 2014.
Conducted an organisation-wide staff opinion survey for FITC in 2013 Review Summit was coordinated
- Continued quality enhancement and sustenance of FITC’s product offerings.
- Provided empirical evidence of progress and achievements made in FITC’s operations, processes and people.
- Continuous buy-in of staff in management’s corporate transformation initiatives and programmes.
- Empirical basis for internal alignments, people management policies and good governance.
Support for Industry Operations
Preparation & Circulation of Quarterly Reports on Frauds and Forgeries
- Banks continue to find the reports quite beneficial, as empirically derived industry data for managing frauds and forgeries in the banking industry.
- Assists operators in the financial industry by flagging and suggesting improvements required on weak areas of internal control.
- Fulfils FITC mandate of collecting and disseminating information that provides proactive means of dealing with challenges of ethics.
- Fulfils the objective of meeting the industry’s needs by generating insights into their challenges through research studies.
- Deployment of FITC Virtual Library.
- Patrons can easily access FITC Library catalogue and available resources from anywhere in the world.
- Growing the FITC Archive
A richer and more user-friendly database of not less than 2,000 international journals with some dating back to 1900.
Latest ICT facility towards a well-stocked e-library that will deliver speedy, incisive and actionable services internally and to clients and subscribers.
Support to Business Units
- Participants’ Satisfaction Surveys.
- Surveys and data analysis to support FITC Training and Consulting projects.
- Contributing to the editorial works of FITC’s news bulletin, The Financial Sector Pinnacle.
Quality inputs that serve to facilitate successful deliveries on the assignments of other Business Units (BU)
Fulfils the Unit’s mandate of supporting FITC’s training and advisory services functions.
Research Studies and Published Works
- Impact Assessment project of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC) programme.
- Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation’s Employees’ Opinion survey.
- IFRS Transition Cost survey commissioned by PwC.
- Participation in the NDIC Academy Assessment project
The projects provided FITC’s clients closer insight into salient issues/challenges requiring interventions for enhanced performance
The research projects enhanced industry knowledge, extended the FITC brand, and projected it as a committed stakeholder in the growth and development of the financial services sector and the wider economy as whole.